Updated May 22, 2018
- Why do we process your personal data?
- What kind of information do we collect about you?
- How do we use information about you?
- Do we share information about you with others?
- Is there a data transfer of your personal information?
- How long do we store information about you?
- What are cookies and how they are used on this website?
- How do we protect information about you?
- What are your rights related to personal data processing?
- What to understand before clicking links to third party websites?
We may collect and otherwise process the following information about you (including personal information):
- Information you share with us – when you contact us, interact with us on the Website, contact us through customer service, and fill out forms on the Website. In such cases, you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail address, contact number and payment and credit card information. In some circumstances, we will need that information to be able to provide you with a product or service that you have asked for; for example, we need your payment information when you buy a product, and your address to deliver it to you.
- Information we collect from your interactions on the Website – We may automatically collect details of your visits to the Website (including, but not limited to, IP address, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access. The information we collect may also include records of correspondence and information you provide to us if you contact us via this Website or other ways of communication, such as postal addresses. We also collect details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information from other third parties – We also collect and handle information about how you engage with our promotional campaigns, marketing and advertising online, outside of our own websites. We collect information, including aggregated demographic data that provide insights into the households that purchase our products, from third party data providers who help us to give you a more relevant owner experience by enabling us to provide offers at the right time, and to give you more relevant services and advice.
How to contact us?
You can find more detailed information about how Fluidmaster processes personal data on the following topics by clicking on the link: Marketing Privacy Notice
Why do we process your personal data?
We may collect personal data on you for a variety of reasons. For more information on a specific type of data processing, please look to the topic specific privacy notices listed above, such as our Marketing Privacy Notice.
What all personal data processing by Fluidmaster has in common is that the data processing is necessary in order for Fluidmaster to carry out its rights or obligations related to you. For example, if you are a customer, by collecting your personal data we may aim to provide you with the services or products you have requested; develop, enhance and personalize your customer experience; maintain and develop our customer relationship with you; and communicate with you more efficiently.
What kind of information do we collect about you?
We primarily collect personal data directly from you. You may provide us data for example by contacting us, or providing feedback, registering as a user of our services, applying for a job, subscribing to our newsletters or other material, commenting on or discussing any content on the Website, or downloading or uploading material.
The types of personal data we collect on you typically include information such as:
- your identification and contact details, such as your name, company, email address and telephone number;
- information on the customer relationship, such as communication preferences, your product interests and the use of Fluidmaster products and services;
- your login information such as the user name and password in our Fluidmaster Login Account or in Preference Center; and
- technical information, such as your IP address.
How do we use information about you?
How we use information about you depends on why the information was originally collected. To give you an idea of how we process personal data, we have included some examples below. For more detailed information, please see our topic specific privacy notices.
In general, we tend to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to sell products and services to you;
- to deliver goods or services to you;
- to provide customer support for sold products or services;
- to conduct surveys;
- to secure and optimize the website experience;
- to provide marketing communication;
- to secure and control the access to Fluidmaster premises;
- to carry out the recruitment process; or
- to otherwise enable us to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations.
Data protection and privacy laws in some countries require us to have what’s called a “legal basis” or “lawful ground” for handling personal information. Broadly, that means that we have to have a legal justification for handling your personal information. For the most part, we need to handle your personal information to be able to provide you with the products or services that you have asked for; and for our products and Websites to be able to work properly and to do all the things that you expect them to.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is not strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our products and services, or for them to work properly. In those circumstances, we have what’s called a “legitimate interest” in handling your personal information; our “legitimate interest” may be to:
- detect and prevent fraud;
- keep our websites, apps, products and IT systems secure;
- ensure that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible; analyze and enhance the information that we collect;
- determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and customize and improve the way that you shop and engage with us in future.
There will be certain personal information that you share with us which we specify as being optional (for example, when you update your account information). We will explain how we use that information and if you choose to provide it to us, you are agreeing to our use of your information in that way. You can ask us to delete that information at any time by contacting Fluidmaster customer service or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, in some, relatively limited circumstances we will need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations; for example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities.
Ultimately, the reason we handle your personal information in the way we do is so that we can directly or indirectly, improve our products, services and your overall experience with Fluidmaster. Whatever our justification for handling your personal information (whether it is necessary for us to provide you with a certain product, or it is in our “legitimate interests”), we make sure that we take steps to honor our commitment to protect your privacy.
Do we share information about you with others?
We use third parties, such as service providers, to collect, store and process personal data on our behalf. Such service providers are only allowed to process your personal data to the extent necessary for them to provide the service we have requested from them. As a main rule, they are not allowed to use your personal data for the benefit of their own business.
In order to protect your privacy, we require that all our service providers keep the personal data we provide them confidential and adequately secure. They are also required to abide by data processing agreements and applicable data protection legislation.
Additionally, Fluidmaster may disclose and transfer your personal data within the Fluidmaster group of companies.
As Fluidmaster is a global group of companies with affiliates and service providers both within the European Union and outside of it, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union. The countries to which your data is transferred may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Despite this, when transferring personal data to foreign countries, we will always look after its safety by ensuring that there is a legal basis for the transfer and that applicable laws governing data transfers are followed.
Is there a data transfer of your personal information?
Fluidmaster will collect personal information from you in the country in which you live. We, and those third parties that we share your personal information with, then host, store and otherwise handle that information in the UK, in the countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) or in any country outside of the EEA, where we do business.
We will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to us. European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
When transferring personal information outside the EEA, we will include standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission for transferring personal information outside the EEA into our contracts with those third parties (these Clauses are approved under Article 46.2 of the GDPR); or
ensure that the country in which your personal information will be handled has been deemed “adequate” by the European Commission under the GDPR Article 45.
How long do we store information about you?
We store personal data only as long as is necessary to fulfil our rights and obligations related to the data. However, as these rights and obligations vary from one processing situation to another, we provide more information on such storage times in the topic specific privacy notices.
Once personal data is no longer necessary, we delete it or anonymize it as soon as possible.
What are cookies and how are they used on this website?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer’s hard drive which allow your computer to be recognized by the Website. We may use either cookies which save a file on your computer permanently (permanent cookies) or cookies which disappear when your browser is closed (session cookies).
Information gathered by cookies is used for statistical and analytical purposes such as maintaining statistics regarding the use of the Website, to conduct surveys in order to improve the Website and/or Fluidmaster’s other products and services, to determine which parts of the Website are most popular, to provide information to third parties so that appropriate advertising may be directed to you, and to optimize the use of the Website. Cookies are also used to recognize you when you return to the Website in order to, for example, provide you with information related to your own interests.
We use a range of third party tools on this Website to enable features such as social media sharing and survey forms. In some cases, these third-party tools will place a cookie on your computer and use tracking technology for the purpose of personalizing your experience or targeting advertising. These third-party cookies may include, among others, Google Analytics. Please refer to the privacy notices of each cookie provider for more information on their privacy practices.
How do we protect information about you?
Fluidmaster uses robust measures to protect the personal data it holds. These measures include guidelines, procedures and protections meant to limit third party access to the data, but also measures taken in order to limit our own personnel’s and service providers’ access to data they do not need in their tasks. In case you wish to learn more about our security measures, you can contact our data privacy representative.
What are your rights related to personal data processing?
As a registered Fluidmaster customer, you may access and amend your contact details and other profile information at any time through the Fluidmaster Login Account, Fluidmaster Preference Center or other Fluidmaster user account you have registered.
You have the right to access the personal data we have collected on you and request that we erase or rectify any erroneous, unnecessary, incomplete or obsolete personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to or otherwise opt-out of the collection of location data and/or direct marketing.
You may use the rights described above and/or express any concern you might have about our use of your personal data by contacting our data privacy representative via the contact details provided below in the section titled “How to contact us?”
We will do our best to resolve any issue you might have related to our processing of your data. However, if you are not satisfied with our answers or actions, you may always turn to your national data protection authority.
What to understand before clicking links to third party websites?
We recommend that you revisit this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to review any possible changes.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or the personal data we at Fluidmaster hold about you, please contact our Privacy Office: By email at email@example.com.
You can revoke your individual consent at any time by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail.