Marketing Privacy Notice
Updated May 22, 2018
Fluidmaster uses your personal data in order to provide you with a better customer experience and ensure that the marketing material we send to you reflects your personal preferences.
In this Marketing Privacy Notice, we explain how we use personal data we collect about you for marketing purposes. This Marketing Privacy Notice contains the following information:
- Why do you receive marketing from Fluidmaster?
- How do we use your personal data for marketing?
- What kind of information about you do we use for marketing purposes?
- What kind of information is used for e-mail communications?
- Do you collect information on children?
- How can you affect the marketing you are receiving?
For further information about Fluidmaster personal data processing and your rights related to it, please see our Privacy Notice.
Why do you receive marketing from Fluidmaster?
We send information about our products and services to existing customers whose contact information we have obtained over the course of our customer relationship with them. We may also send marketing emails to persons who have expressed an interest in purchasing Fluidmaster products or services, or whom we believe to otherwise be interested in Fluidmaster products or services.
We only send marketing to you if you have given us your consent to such marketing. Typically, such consent is collected when you register as a user to Fluidmaster.com or sign up to receive information at an event.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing from Fluidmaster, or you would like to update your marketing preferences, you can do so easily by following the instruction provided in the section titled “How can you affect the marketing you are receiving?”
How do we use your personal data for marketing?
We use your personal data in order to send you information about Fluidmaster services, partners, promotions and events that we believe may interest you. We may also use personal data to develop our websites and services and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing.
We keep your personal data for marketing purposes for as long as you want to receive marketing from us. If you decide to opt-out of or withdraw your consent to our marketing, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose. If the data is not needed for some other purpose (e.g. to carry out our customer relationship), we will delete the data without undue delay.
We send marketing messages mainly by email, text messages or by telephone.
What kind of information about you do we use for marketing purposes?
In order to provide you with marketing suited to your preferences, we need information on you. Typically, we collect this information directly from you as you use our services.
For the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice, we collect the following groups of data of you:
- Your basic identification and contact details – This may include for example your name, company, telephone number, email address and other information that you provide us.
- Your account information – You provide us information when registering into and using the Fluidmaster Preference Center. This data may include for example your user name, password and personal preference information.
- Information about your customer relationship with Fluidmaster – We collect personal data when you purchase our products and services. This data may include for example information about your previous purchases of Fluidmaster products and services, your billing information, information about Fluidmaster events you have participated in, and feedback you have given us.
- Information derived from your use of our services – With the help of the personal data you have given us and the information we have collected on how you use our services, we use analytics to build up a profile based on your interests. These profiles are often based on online behavior and population segments, such as age brackets, interests, studies and work experience. In certain situations, we may also combine this information with data provided to us by third parties.
What kind of information is used for Email communications?
As a user of our products or services, we will send you support communications by e-mail. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that’s happening at Fluidmaster which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, offers, rewards programs or upcoming events, we want to make sure you allow the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below.
We collect information about how you engage with our e-mails.
We use that information by itself and in combination with your customer record (the information you share with us) to make sure that we stop sending you support or marketing communications when you request us to do so.
Do you collect information on children?
Fluidmaster’s Website and products and services are not directed at children, especially those under 18. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a registered user of our Website or products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
How can you affect the marketing you are receiving?
You can easily withdraw consent of our marketing messages by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each marketing email. You can also alter your preferences, withdraw your consent and manage how we use your personal data in the Fluidmaster Preference Center.
You may also choose to stop receiving direct marketing communications from Fluidmaster at any time by sending notice of your decision to Fluidmaster using the following contact details:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by visiting us in person at a Fluidmaster office